What Is Hyaluronic Acid (HA), and How Can It Erase My Wrinkles?
As we grow older, our skin tends to lose its capacity to retain moisture. The resulting dryness leads to a loss of skin vitality and health. This is visible in the form of dry, scaly skin that has lost its volume and youthful appearance. This is a big cause of frustration among people, as is loss of facial-tissue volume and firmness.
The reduction in moisture levels also leads to lessened immune-system functioning, which in turn can cause a number of skin problems. The skin eventually loses its firmness, plumpness, and brightness, making it dull and gray – many people’s worst nightmare!
The Role of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that ensures your skin remains moisturized. It constantly attracts and holds moisture, thereby replenishing the vitality and glow of the skin.
Not only does hyaluronic acid help preserve the health of the skin’s inner layers by keeping the supply of moisture steady and constant, it also helps the outer layers look youthful and glowing by keeping them hydrated. This keeps your skin feeling soft, smooth, and young.
The problem is that the production of hyaluronic acid reduces with age. This reduces the supply of moisture, thereby lessening the positive effects that it has on your skin.
The lack of moisture and the drying up of the skin tissues is evident in the deep lines, furrows, and wrinkles on your face. The loss of muscle and skin-tissue volume in your face leads to the creation of these lines, which only increases each day with the decrease in production of hyaluronic acid.
The only solution left is to make up for the reduced hyaluronic acid by using supplements such as Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero, and Versa which are made of synthetic hyaluronic acid, thereby effectively reversing the signs of aging.
How these fillers help
• Gives a boost to the production of hyaluronic acid in your skin tissues
• Helps correct signs of aging caused by reduced hyaluronic production, most notably wrinkles
• Does not let your skin hold too much moisture, which can also cause more problems. It makes sure that your skin gets exactly the amount of moisture needed to remain young and beautiful.
• Fills in lines and creases that are too big for Botox alone
• Used as volumizers to fill sunken cheeks, depressed chin, scars, jawlines, thin lips, wrinkled hands, and deep under-eye circles
• They give you immediate anti-aging results without surgery, which lasts several months to over a year
• Some research shows that repeated injections may help stimulate the body's own natural production of collagen
What are the risks?
HA fillers can be an excellent choice for anybody seeking smoother, younger skin, but in rare cases, fillers can cause tiny bumps, allergic reactions, or even bruising. These problems do improve over time. Speak to an expert today to learn more about these treatments and how hyaluronic helps you in your quest to retain your youthfulness. A professional will better be able to tell you what your options are and can warn you in case of any pre-existing conditions or allergies.
Make Your Appointment to Learn More
To set up your consultation with skilled expert Dr. Kun Kim, who is double-board-certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology, contact our office at (770) 458-4255.